Device Not Supported
All devices with more than 800px of resolution along the x-axis are can handle this application. if your device meet the requirement and still you are seeing this message, try maximising your browser / window
Applications invited for Prathiba Scholar Visiting Programme 2018
IISER Thiruvananthapuram offers a two-month visiting programme during summer 2018 for Prathiba Scholars to enable them to work with IISER faculty. Bachelors and Masters students who are Prathiba Scholar in science with an inclination towards research in basic sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics) are invited to apply for the programme. Preference will be given to 2nd year BSc and 1st year MSc (or equivalent degree) students. Application form should be filled by the candidate online on or before 15th March 2018. Candidates can apply to only one school and will have to choose 3 (in case of Mathematics 1 faculty) faculties (in order of their preference) in the respective school where he/she would like to work. Every effort will be made to assign a faculty requested by the candidate in the choice sheet during application, but it is not guaranteed. Hence it is possible that the selected candidates may be assigned different faculty. Two reference letters from teachers who know the candidate well enough to write with candor, detail and objectivity about the candidates academic and personal achievements and potential should be completed online directly by the referees on or before 15th March 2018. Upon submission of the application by the candidate, an email will be sent to each referee with a link to submit their reference letter. The candidates are requested to make sure with their referees that their reference is submitted online on time. Accommodation (between 15 May and 25 July, 2018) and Mess facilities will be provided at nominal cost. Selected students will be intimated by email.
General Application Instructions To The Candidates
- PLEASE NOTE: You will have to submit the form only once. If your name is found twice and if you have submitted twice, the application will be summarily rejected, hence make sure you fill the online application form without mistake before you hit submit button.
- After you hit submit on first page you will be taken to "upload files" section. On this online application page, all applicants have to upload the following documents (in JPG/JPEG/PDF format and each not exceeding 2 MByte, 100dpi):
- Scanned copy of the recent passport size photograph (JPG/JPEG format 500KB only).
- Scanned copy of the signature (JPG/JPEG format 500KB only).
- Scanned copy of proof of Date of Birth (Birth certificate, X Standard Certificate or Passport)
- Scanned copy of 10th Standard/secondary school marks certificate
- Scanned copy of Higher secondary +2 (or equivalent) marks sheet
- Scanned copy of Proof for studying in II BSc, and / or I year MSc should be provided. II BSc students should provide first year marks sheet and I year MSc students should provide UG III year mark sheet in the form of uploaded soft copy of the same.
- Scanned copy of Prathibha Scholar Status Verification Certificate issued by KSCSTE
If you do not have the Prathibha Scholar Status Verification Certificate from KSCSTE, kindly contact
Women Scientist Division
KSCSTE, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom P O
Thiruvananthapuram - 695004
E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : 0471- 2548208, 2548346
- Applicants will be asked to provide names, address and email address of two referees who can send the recommendation letters.
- All fields marked in * are mandatory. All applicants must upload documents (1 to 7) above.
- Applicants should choose 3 (in case of maths 1 faculty) faculties (in order of their preference) from the pull down menu during online application.
- On hitting the "Save Files and Preview Application" button, the preview page will appear. If you need to Edit or Upload Files again, Click "Edit Application". If you are happy with the details hit "Submit Application".
- On submission of the online application form, applicants can print their application which will have an Unique application number.
- Selected candidates will be intimated by e-mail.
- Mere fulfilling the eligibility criterion does not entitle a candidate to be called for the programme.
Important dates for IISER-TVM Prathiba Scholar Visiting Programme
|Last date and time of the receipt of online application and references
||15 March, 2018 [23:59 hrs (IST)]
|Announcement of selected candidates on the Institute website http://www.iisertvm.ac.in
||April 10, 2018
|Receipt of e-mail Acceptance from candidate
||April 20, 2018